Madison, NC – Remington Arms Company, LLC, (“Remington”) is proud to announce that the National Rifle Association (NRA) Publications selected HyperSonic Steel as the 2013 American Hunter Ammunition Product of the Year and is, therefore, awarding it a coveted Golden Bullseye Award.
Now in their eleventh year, the NRA Publications Golden Bullseye Awards acknowledge the finest products available in the shooting sports. The winners are selected by a seven-member committee consisting of editors, graphic designers and veteran NRA Publications staff, representing more than a century of collective experience in the shooting and hunting industry. To qualify for consideration for a Golden Bullseye Award, a product must have been:
• Recently introduced and available to consumers prior to the selection of the Golden Bullseye Awards
• Used/tested by a staff member or regular contributor to the magazine and/or affiliated media
• Reliable in the field, meeting or exceeding the evaluator’s expectations
• Innovative in design and function
• Readily perceived as a value to the purchaser
• Styled in a manner befitting the shooting and hunting industry and, perhaps more importantly, its enthusiasts
The Golden Bullseye Award will be presented during a special breakfast at the 2013 NRA Annual Meetings & Exhibits in Houston, Texas. The breakfast will be held on Friday, May 3, 2013.
About HyperSonic Steel
Few things are more challenging than hitting fast moving, high flying waterfowl. To meet this challenge, Remington introduced the fastest velocity, highest downrange pattern energies ever produced in the history of steel waterfowl loads. To put it simply, waterfowl hunters now have the fastest, hardest-hitting, steel shot shell in the world, resulting in shorter leads to help hunters be more successful.
At 1700 fps, HyperSonic Steel is the most innovative and exciting shotshell developed in decades and only Remington harnessed the wad technology to do it.