Madison, NC – Team Remington/Bushmaster shooters were awarded eight major titles at the recent 2011 National Championships held at Camp Perry, Ohio.
“I am honored to be part of a Team Remington/Bushmaster,” stated Ken Roxburgh – Team Captain and Coach. “We were blessed with good scores and good weather that allowed our team to succeed as ambassadors to high-power and long-range competition while at the same time, be highly representative of the Freedom Group family of companies. I am proud to be counted amongst the likes of them.”
Team Remington/Bushmaster 2011 National Championship Accomplishments:
2011 CMP National Championships:
- President’s 100 match (Top 20 President’s Match Juniors) Winner: Tyler Rico, Score: 288-8x
- National Trophy Individual (Golden Eagle Trophy “Junior”) Winner: Tyler Rico, Score: 486-17x
- Presidents 100 match, National Trophy Individual and National Trophy Team Match aggregate (Col Bill Deneke Trophy “Junior’) Winner: Tyler Rico, score: 1259-39x
- National Trophy Junior Service Rifle Championship, winner; Tyler Rico, score; 1259-39x
2011 NRA National High-power Championships:
- Rochester National Defense Contingent (RNDC) (National NRA Four Person Team Championship) Third Place Overall Winner: Team Remington (Remington Roxburgh) score: 1971-84x
- Firing Members: Joe Hendricks, Sr., Sara Rozanski, Tyler Rico, Nate Guernsey
- NRA National Service Rifle Championship (High Woman) Volunteer Trophy, Winner: Sara B. Rozanski, Team Remington, score: 2235-64x
- NRA National Clarke Trophy Match (High Intermediate Junior) Tyler Rico, Score: 788-35x
In addition to the success Team Remington/Bushmaster had in competition, they provided sponsorship at all three levels of national match competition that included the following:
- Remington Advanced High Power Marksmanship Clinic at the CMP national Matches.
- Bushmaster donated two Bushmaster DCM Trophy Rifles at the CMP Nationals and sponsored a pizza party for all of the junior competitors in the USMC Junior Clinic and EIC match. This is done annually in association with the Bushmaster Cup.
- Remington donates a trophy rifle to the national Civilian service Rifle champion in the NRA National High-Power Championships.
- Remington donates a trophy rifle to the winner of the Remington “Band of Brothers” Trophy in the NRA National Long Range Matches.
- Remington donates a trophy rifle to each of the first, second and third place winners at the NRA national Long Range Championships.
Team Remington/Bushmaster Members:
Cecil Rico - Tucson, Arizona, NRA Master High-Power Competitor and Master Long Range Competitor/ Remington Instructor and Assistant Team Captain. CMP Distinguished Rifleman
Tyler “Rooster” Rico - Tucson, Arizona, (Age 17) NRA High Master H.P. Competitor and High Master Long Range Competitor/ Remington Instructor. Tyler is a four time National Junior Champion. CMP Distinguished Rifleman
Joe Hendricks, Sr. - Wexford, Pennsylvania, NRA High Master H.P. Competitor and High Master Long Range Competitor/ Remington Instructor and Assistant Team Coach. Joe is the 2011 Freedom Group Classic Rifle Champion and is amongst the top ten match rifle competitors in the U.S.
Joe Hendricks, Jr. - Wexford, Pennsylvania, (Age 15) NRA Master High-Power Competitor.
Gary W. Hendricks - Bridgewater, New York, NRA High Master H.P. Competitor and High Master Long Range Competitor. Gary is an NRA Grand Senior Competitor.
Sarah Rozanski - Toledo, Ohio, NRA High Master H.P. Competitor and High Master Long Range Competitor/ Remington Instructor. Sarah is a two time National Women’s Champion and is the reigning 2011 Woman’s Champion. She shoots service rifle in high power competition. CMP Distinguished Rifleman.
Nate Guernsey - Centerville, Virginia, NRA High Master H.P. Competitor and Master Long Range Competitor/ Remington Instructor. CMP Distinguished Rifleman.
Phillip “Mick” McCotter - Maysville, North Carolina, NRA Marksman Competitor/ Remington Instructor.
Dwight “Tiny” Briggs - Ilion New York, Remington Team Armorer.
Kenneth Roxburgh - Stafford, Virginia, Team Captain, Head Coach, Chief Instructor. NRA High Master High-Power Competitor and High Master Long Range Competitor. United States Marine Corps Distinguished Marksman and United States Marine Corps Distinguished Pistol Shot.