REMINGTON JUNE 2017 GIVEAWAY
VOID IN ALASKA, HAWAII, U.S. TERRITORIES AND PUERTO RICO, AND WHERE PROHIBITED OR RESTRICTED BY LAW. NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER. A PURCHASE WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR ODDS OF WINNING. MANY WILL ENTER, ONLY 1 WILL WIN. THIS PROMOTION IS NO WAY SPONSORED, ENDORSED, OR ADMINISTERED BY, OR ASSOCIATED WITH, FACEBOOK®. “Sponsor” is Remington Arms Company, LLC, 870 Remington Dr., Madison, NC 27025.
- SWEEPSTAKES PERIOD; ELIGIBILITY: This Remington June 2017 Giveaway (this “Sweepstakes”) starts on June 13, 2017 at 10 AM Central Standard Time (“CST”) and ends on June 20, 2017 at 11:59:59 PM CDT (the “Sweepstakes Period”). Sweepstakes is open to all legal residents of the continental United States (excluding Alaska and Hawaii) and Washington, D.C., who (a) are 21 years of age or older at the time of entry, (b) have a valid driver’s license issued by their state of residence, and (c) are registered Facebook account holders in good standing. Creating a Facebook account is free. Create one at www.facebook.com. Please be advised that potential winners located in Connecticut, New York, Massachusetts, New Jersey, California, Maryland and other states whose laws may change after the start of this Sweepstakes, while eligible to participate, may not be able to legally possess a firearm prize. Sponsor, in its sole discretion, shall determine its ability to legally award the prize in any given state, and shall not be liable to any person for its determination. If potential winner is not qualified to take possession of prize based on state and local firearm laws and regulations in potential winner’s state of residence, potential winner will be disqualified. Employees of Sponsor and its affiliates, subsidiaries, parent company, suppliers, distributors, advertising, promotion or any other agents, entities, and representatives involved with this Sweepstakes (“Sweepstakes Entities”) and members of such employee’s families (parents, siblings, children, and their respective spouses) and/or those residing in the same household as such employees (whether related or not) are not eligible to participate in this Sweepstakes.
- Drawings; Odds. On or about June 22, 2017, Sponsor will randomly select one (1) winner from among all eligible entries received during the Sweepstakes Period. Odds of winning depend on the number of eligible entries received during the Sweepstakes Period. Potential winner will be notified by email, and Sponsor will coordinate with potential winner regarding Sweepstakes via email, phone, or mail, in Sponsor’s discretion. By entering, entrants give their express permission to be contacted by Sponsor by email. Winner will be required to sign and return an Affidavit of Eligibility and Liability / Publicity Release and an IRS Form W-9 (Request for Tax Payer Identification) (“Winner Documents”) within 7 days of receipt in order to claim prize. Winner may also be required to provide a copy of their driver’s license with the Winner Documents. If: (a) any prize notification is returned as undeliverable, (b) potential winner does not respond to initial notification by email or phone within two (2) business days of the date of notification, (c) potential winner does not comply with these Official Rules, or (d) Winner Documents are returned as undeliverable or not received by due date, prize will be forfeited and an alternate winner will be selected. In the event that a potential winner is disqualified for any reason, Sponsor will award the applicable prize to an alternate winner by random drawing from among all remaining eligible entries.
- Prize(S). Sponsor will award one (1) prize. Prize is one (1) set of the following items: (A) one R51 pistol (SKU 96430), (B) two magazines for R51 pistol (7 rounds each, SKU 17696), (C) one case of UMC LeadLess Ammunition (9mm Luger, SKU 23785), and (D) Charlie Palmer Cookbook. (Approximate Retail Value (“ARV”): $862.70.
Subject to applicable laws, Sponsor will deliver the prize to a firearms retailer local selected by winner in the continental United States (excluding Alaska and Hawaii) that holds a valid federal firearms license (FFL) and who can lawfully transfer the entire prize to winner. Winner is responsible for coordinating with such retailer to provide Sponsor with verification of the selected retailer’s FFL. In order to take possession of the prize, winner must visit such retailer and: (a) have and present a valid government-issued driver’s license; (b) complete an ATF Form #4473 and/or any other forms required under applicable state or federal law; (c) pass a NICS background check; and (d) comply with any other requirements of such firearms retailer or applicable federal, state or local laws or ordinances. Sponsor is not responsible for any inability of winner to accept or use prize for any reason. Sponsor is not responsible, without limitation, for winner’s failure to meet applicable federal, state or local firearms ownership, licensing and possession requirements. If winner is not qualified to take possession of prize from his or her firearms retailer of choice, then prize will be forfeited and an alternate winner may be selected to receive forfeited prize from among remaining eligible entries.
All prize details not specified in these Official Rules will be determined in Sponsor’s sole discretion. Sponsor makes no representation to winner as to the merchantability or fitness or suitability of prize for any purpose, and Sponsor offers no manufacturer’s warranty on prize (or component of prize) not manufactured by Sponsor. No prize substitution or cash equivalent of prize is permitted except at Sponsor’s sole discretion, and then only for a prize of equal or greater value. Any substitute prize must be legally available for sale in the winner’s state and locale. Prize is non-transferable.
Winner is solely responsible for (1) knowing and obeying all firearm possession laws applicable to winner and selecting and using appropriate ammunition with a firearm prize, and (2) all federal, state and local taxes, as well as any expenses, licenses, permits, accident or health insurance, and any other costs or expenses incurred in claiming or using the prize, including any transfer fee charged by the retailer from which winner takes delivery of prize, and not expressly included in the prize description in these Official Rules. Any difference between the actual value of the prize and the approximate retail value set forth in these Official Rules may not be claimed and will not be awarded. Unclaimed prize may not be awarded.
- Release of Liability. By participating in this Sweepstakes, entrants and winner release and hold harmless the Sweepstakes Entities, Facebook, Inc., prize provider(s) and any others associated with the implementation and/or operation of this Sweepstakes, and each of their respective employees, agents, officers, directors, agents and representatives (“Released Parties”), from and against any and all (A) liability, for loss, harm, damage, injury, cost or expense whatsoever with respect to or in any way arising from the Sweepstakes and/or use of prizes, including, without limitation, property damage, liability for personal injury (including emotional distress), and/or death caused, directly or indirectly, from the awarding, acceptance, possession, use, misuse, loss or misdirection of any prize or resulting from participating in this Sweepstakes or any promotion or prize-related activities, and (B) for any claims or causes of action based on publicity rights, defamation or invasion of privacy and merchandise delivery. By participating in this Sweepstakes, entrant acknowledges and agrees that the Released Parties are not responsible, and shall have no liability, for: (a) entries that contain incomplete or inaccurate information, whether caused by entrants or by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in this Sweepstakes, or do not otherwise comply with or violate the Official Rules; (b) entries, prize claims or notifications that are late, incomplete, illegible, unintelligible, garbled, misdirected, or otherwise not received by Sponsor or its agents for any reason; (c) any typographical or other error in the printing or advertising of this Sweepstakes, or in the announcement of winner; (d) any problems or technical malfunctions, errors, omissions, interruptions, deletions, defects, delays in operation or transmission, communication failures or human error that may occur in the transmission, receipt or processing of entries, or for destruction of or unauthorized access to, or alteration of, entries; (e) failed or unavailable hardware, network, software or telephone transmissions, damage to entrants’ or any person’s computer and/or its contents, or causes beyond Sponsor’s reasonable control that jeopardize the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of this Sweepstakes; or (f) potential winner’s inability to legally take possession of prize.
- General. All federal, state, and local laws and regulations apply. All incomplete, non-conforming and unauthorized entries will be disqualified. Entries generated by a script, macro, robotic, mechanical, programmed, or other automated means and entries by any means which subvert the entry process will be void. Any individual who attempts or otherwise encourages, directly or indirectly, the entry of false information, or uses any device or artifice to enter, or circumvent limitations under these Official Rules, as determined by Sponsor, will be disqualified. By entering this Sweepstakes, entrants agree to be bound by these Official Rules and the decisions of the Sponsor, which are final and binding in all respects. Winning a prize is contingent upon fulfilling all requirements set forth in these Official Rules. Sponsor reserves the right to: (a) permanently disqualify from any promotion Sponsor offers any person Sponsor believes has intentionally violated these Sweepstakes Rules; and (b) suspend, modify or terminate this Sweepstakes if Sponsor believes, in its sole discretion, that any cause beyond its reasonable control, malfunction, error, disruption or damage is or will impair the administration, security, fairness, or integrity of such Sweepstakes. In the event of any suspension or termination of this Sweepstakes, Sponsor may award the prize by random drawing among eligible entries received prior to such suspension or termination. No more than the stated number of prizes under these Official Rules will be awarded.
- WARNING: ANY ATTEMPT BY AN INDIVIDUAL, WHETHER OR NOT AN ENTRANT, TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE, DESTROY, TAMPER OR VANDALIZE ANY WEBSITE ASSOCIATED WITH THIS SWEEPSTAKES OR OTHERWISE INTERFERE WITH THE OPERATION OF THIS SWEEPSTAKES, IS A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS AND SPONSOR RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK DAMAGES AND DILIGENTLY PURSUE ALL REMEDIES AGAINST ANY SUCH INDIVIDUAL TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW.
- Publicity. Except where prohibited or restricted by law, winner’s acceptance of prize constitutes the winner’s consent for the Sponsor or its agents or designees to use and/or publish winner’s full name, country, city and state of residence, photograph or other likeness, entry, voice, testimonials, opinions, biographical information (in whole or in part), and/or statements made by winner, worldwide and in perpetuity for promotional purposes, in any media, without further compensation, notice, review, or approval.
- Governing Law; Disputes. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation, and enforceability of these Official Rules, or the rights and obligations of the entrant and Sponsor in connection with the Sweepstakes, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of the State of Alabama, without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules, which would cause the application of the laws of any jurisdiction other than the State of Alabama. If any part of these Official Rules is deemed to be invalid or otherwise unenforceable or illegal, the balance of the Official Rules shall remain in effect and shall be construed in accordance with its terms as if the invalid or illegal provision were not contained herein. Except where prohibited, entrants agree that: (1) any and all disputes, claims, and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Sweepstakes or any prize awarded shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, and exclusively by a federal or state court located in Madison County, Alabama, any and all claims, judgments and awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, including costs associated with entering this Sweepstakes, but in no event attorneys' fees; and (2) under no circumstances will entrant be permitted to obtain awards for, and entrant hereby waives all rights to claim indirect, punitive, incidental, and consequential damages and any other damages, other than for actual out-of-pocket expenses, and any and all rights to have damages multiplied or otherwise increased.
- Winner(s) List. Sponsor may post winner on its websites and social media pages. To request winner name, send a self-addressed, stamped envelope on or before September 22, 2017, to Remington Arms Company, LLC, C/O Marketing Department, 1816 Remington Circle SW, Huntsville, Alabama 35824 Attn: Remington June 2017 Giveaway.