Remington® Ultimate Big-Game Facebook® Sweepstakes Official Rules
Remington® Ultimate Big-Game Facebook® Sweepstakes
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN THIS SWEEPSTAKES. A PURCHASE WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR ODDS OF WINNING. VOID IN U.S. TERRITORIES AND PUERTO RICO AND WHERE PROHIBITED OR RESTRICTED. A FACEBOOK® ACCOUNT IS REQUIRED IN ORDER TO ENTER THIS SWEEPSTAKES. JOINING FACEBOOK IS FREE. This Sweepstakes is in no way sponsored, endorsed, or administered by, or associated with, Facebook.
1. Eligibility. This Sweepstakes is open only to legal residents of the 50 United States and Washington, D.C., who are at least 18 years of age at the time of entry, and who are Facebook account holders in good standing. If you do not have a Facebook account, create one at www.facebook.com. Employees of Sponsor, its affiliates, parent company, advertising, promotion or any other agencies or entities involved with this Sweepstakes and members of their families (parents, siblings, children, and their respective spouses) and/or those residing in the same household as such employees (whether related or not) are not eligible to participate in this Sweepstakes.
2. Sponsor and Operator. The Remington® Ultimate Big-Game Facebook® Sweepstakes (this “Sweepstakes”) is sponsored and operated by Remington Arms Company, LLC, 870 Remington Drive, Madison, NC 27025 (“Sponsor”).
3. Sweepstakes Period. This Sweepstakes begins October 1, 2013 at 12:00:01 am Eastern Daylight Time (“EDT”) and ends November 30, 2013 at 11:59:59 pm EDT (the “Sweepstakes Period”). Sponsor’s computer is the official time-keeping device for this Sweepstakes.
4. How to Enter. During the Sweepstakes Period, to enter, go to http://www.remingtonezine.com/oct2013/ to view the
5. Drawings; Odds. Sponsor will randomly select one (1) Grand Prize winner from among all eligible entries received during the Sweepstakes Period on or about December 4, 2013. Odds of winning prize depend on the number of eligible entries received during the Sweepstakes Period. Potential winner will be notified, in Sponsor’s discretion, by email or phone and must complete and return an Affidavit of Eligibility, Liability and Publicity Release and a W-9 form (Request for Taxpayer Identification Number and Certification) (“Affidavit/Release”), within five (5) business days of receipt. By entering, entrants give their express permission to be contacted by Sponsor by email. If: (a) any prize notification is returned as undeliverable, (b) potential winner does not respond to initial attempt to contact him or her within two (2) business days of the date of notification, (c) potential winner does not comply with these Official Rules, or (d) potential winner’s Affidavit/Release is returned as undeliverable, is not returned completed, or is not received when required, the potential winner will be disqualified and the prize will be forfeited. In the event that a potential winner is disqualified for any reason, Sponsor will award the applicable prize to an alternate winner by random drawing from among all remaining eligible entries.
6. Prizes. Sponsor will award one (1) Grand Prize. Grand Prize is one (1) Remington Model 783 rifle in 30-06 Springfield caliber and one case (200 rounds) of Remington Hypersonic Rifle Bonded ammunition in 30-06 Springfield caliber (Approximate Retail Value (“ARV”): $742.00). In order to take delivery of prize, winner must visit his or her local firearms retailer that holds a valid federal firearms license and: (a) have and present a valid driver’s license or other government-issued proof of identification, (b) complete an ATF Form #4473 and any other forms required under applicable state or federal law, (c) pass a NICS background check, and (d) comply with any other requirements of such firearms retailer and all applicable federal, state or local laws or ordinances. Sponsor makes no representation to winner as to the fitness or suitability of the prize for any purpose. Sponsor is not responsible for winner’s failure to meet applicable federal, state or local firearms ownership, licensing and possession requirements. If winner is not qualified to take possession of the prize from his or her firearms retailer of choice, then the prize will be forfeited and an alternate winner will be selected. Winner is solely responsible for all federal, state and local taxes, as well as any licenses, permits, accident or health insurance, and any and all other costs and expenses incurred in claiming or using the prize, and not expressly included in the prize description in these Official Rules. Any difference between the actual value of the prize and the approximate retail value set forth in these Official Rules may not be claimed and will not be awarded. No transfer, refund, substitution or replacement of prize permitted, except that the Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to substitute a prize of equal or greater value (or cash equivalent).
7. Release of Liability. By participating in this Sweepstakes, you release Sponsor and Facebook, Inc., and each of their respective subsidiaries, affiliates, partners, employees, directors, agents, advertising agencies, and others associated with the implementation and/or operation of this Sweepstakes (the “Sweepstakes Entities”), from and against any and all injuries (including death), losses or damages caused or claimed to be caused by your participation in such Sweepstakes and/or the acceptance, awarding, receipt, use and/or misuse of any prize, and for any claims or causes of action based on publicity rights, defamation or invasion of privacy. By participating in this Sweepstakes, entrant acknowledges and agrees that the Sweepstakes Entities are not responsible, and shall have no liability, for: (a) entries that contain incomplete or inaccurate information, whether caused by entrants or by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in this Sweepstakes, or do not otherwise comply with or violate the Official Rules; (b) entries, prize claims or notifications that are late, incomplete, illegible, unintelligible, garbled, misdirected, or otherwise not received by Sponsor or its agents for any reason; (c) any typographical or other error in the printing or advertising of this Sweepstakes, or in the announcement of prize winners; (d) any problems or technical malfunctions, errors, omissions, interruptions, deletions, defects, delays in operation or transmission, communication failures or human error that may occur in the transmission, receipt or processing of entries, or for destruction of or unauthorized access to, or alteration of, entries; or (e) failed or unavailable hardware, network, software or telephone transmissions, damage to entrants’ or any person’s computer and/or its contents, or causes beyond Sponsor’s reasonable control that jeopardize the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of this Sweepstakes.
8. General. All federal, state, and local laws and regulations apply. By entering this Sweepstakes, entrants agree to be bound by these Official Rules and the decisions of the Sponsor, which are final and binding in all respects. Proof of entering information at the Remington Facebook page will not be deemed proof of delivery or receipt by Sponsor. Entrant must be the registered subscriber of the Facebook account from which the entry is made. Multiple Facebook accounts linked to the same entrant will be disqualified. Creating multiple Facebook accounts in order to exceed the limits on entries may result in the disqualification of all entries sent from such accounts. Entries generated by a script, macro, robotic, mechanical, programmed, or other automated means and entries by any means which subvert the entry process will be void. Any individual who attempts or otherwise encourages, directly or indirectly, the entry of multiple or false contact information under multiple identities, or uses any device or artifice to enter or encourage, directly or indirectly, multiple or false entries, as determined by Sponsor, will be disqualified. In the event of a dispute over the identity of an entrant, the entrant will be the identified account holder of the Facebook account used to submit the entry form. Potential winner may be required to provide proof to Sponsor that he or she is the authorized account holder of the Facebook account from which entry was made. Winning a prize is contingent upon fulfilling all requirements set forth in these Official Rules. Sponsor reserves the right to: (a) permanently disqualify from this Sweepstakes any person it believes has intentionally violated these Sweepstakes Rules; and (b) suspend, modify or terminate this Sweepstakes if Sponsor believes, in its sole discretion, that malfunction, error, disruption or damage is impairing or will impair the administration, security, fairness, or integrity of such Sweepstakes. Sponsor reserves the right to disqualify any unauthorized entries, including, without limitation, multiple entries from the same person.
9. WARNING. ANY ATTEMPT BY AN INDIVIDUAL, WHETHER OR NOT AN ENTRANT, TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE, DESTROY, TAMPER OR VANDALIZE ANY WEBSITE ASSOCIATED WITH THIS SWEEPSTAKES OR OTHERWISE INTERFERE WITH THE OPERATION OF THIS SWEEPSTAKES, IS A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS AND SPONSOR RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK DAMAGES AND DILIGENTLY PURSUE ALL REMEDIES AGAINST ANY SUCH INDIVIDUAL TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW.
10. Publicity. Except where prohibited or restricted by law, winner’s acceptance of prize constitutes the winner’s consent for the Sponsor or its agents to use and/or publish winner’s full name, country, city and state of residence, photograph or other likeness, entry, voice, testimonials, opinions, biographical information (in whole or in part), and/or statements made by winner, worldwide and in perpetuity for promotional purposes, in any media, without further compensation, notice, review, or approval.
11. Disputes. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation, and enforceability of these Official Rules, or the rights and obligations of the entrant and Sponsor in connection with this Sweepstakes, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of the State of North Carolina, without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules, which would cause the application of the laws of any jurisdiction other than the State of North Carolina. If any part of these Official Rules is deemed to be invalid or otherwise unenforceable or illegal, the balance of the Official Rules shall remain in effect and shall be construed in accordance with its terms as if the invalid or illegal provision were not contained herein. Except where prohibited, entrants agree that: (a) any and all disputes, claims, and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Sweepstakes or any prize awarded shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, and exclusively by a federal or state court located in Forsyth County, North Carolina, any and all claims, judgments and awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, including costs associated with entering this Sweepstakes, but in no event attorneys' fees; and (b) under no circumstances will entrant be permitted to obtain awards for, and entrant hereby waives all rights to claim indirect, punitive, incidental, and consequential damages and any other damages, other than for actual out-of-pocket expenses, and any and all rights to have damages multiplied or otherwise increased.
12. Winners List. A winners list will be posted at www.remington.com on or after December 15, 2013, or you can request one by sending a self-addressed, stamped envelope, on or before December 31, 2013, to Remington Arms Company, LLC, PO Box 700, Madison, NC 27025, Attention – Winners List – Remington Ultimate Big-Game Facebook Sweepstakes.