Clay Target Shooting Tips
Clay target shooting games provide an opportunity to test your shooting skills. The games are fun and also allow hunters to brush up on their marksmanship before the hunt. Safety rules on the clay target range are simple:
- Review, understand and obey the Ten Commandments of Firearms Safety.
- Watch the muzzle of the gun at all times, carrying the gun so that it doesn't point at your fellow shooters or guide.
- Guns are loaded only when it is your turn to shoot.
- Shooting glasses are required on the range as well as while field hunting. This is especially important while shooting because target fragments could fall on you.
- Ear plugs or muffs are recommended on the range.
Keep your gun actions open while preparing to shoot, when removing or returning guns to a vehicle, or when simply visiting with friends on the range.