Manufacturing Engineer - Ilion, NY
Remington Arms is the leading manufacturer and seller of Sporting Firearms, Ammunition and Accessories in the country. We currently have an opening for a Manufacturing Engineer at our Ilion, New York facility.
Directs, communicates, and coordinates activities involved in the planning, testing and implementation of new and current product projects for the firearms facility. Interacts with Production, and Design to develop and implement all aspects of new firearms designs or manufacturing equipment.
- Assist production in the resolution of manufacturing problems to maintain production schedules.
- Plan details of all new and current product projects to coincide with the scheduled dates of project implementation.
- Analyze products, equipment specifications, and performance requirements, to determine designs, which can be produced by existing manufacturing processes. Work with designer to resolve designs to better fit available manufacturing methods.
- Determine feasibility of designing new plant equipment or modifying existing facilities considering cost, available space, time limitations, company planning, and other technical and economic factors.
- Develop process records and supporting information for new and existing products, so that the process is controllable and the model drawing is executed as designed.
- Analyze test data and reports to determine if design and process meets functional and performance specifications
- Provide engineering support to manufacturing operations as needed.
- Oversee and direct the design of tools, gages, and fixtures for manufacturing operations.
- Assess manufacturability of component designs.
- Access technical information (i.e. process records, model drawings, SOP’s, tool and fixture drawings) as needed to support manufacturing operations.
- Continually work to develop process improvements and enhancements to maximize production and quality.
- Direct and coordinate manufacturing in the building of prototype products.
- Provide technical information concerning manufacturing or processing techniques, materials, properties, and process advantages and limitation which effect long-range plant and product engineering planning.
- Compile and analyze operational and test data to establish performance standards for newly designed or modified equipment or products. Plans and develops experimental test programs.
- Provide technical assistance to component and tooling suppliers.
- Compile complete engineering estimates, and write “capital appropriations requests”
Skills and Education
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Must have a Bachelors of Science degree in Mechanical Engineering, Industrial Engineering, or equivalent. Or a minimum of 10 years of extensive manufacturing experience preferably in a metal working environment.
An in-depth interview and demonstration of skills will be required for any person applying for this position.
- Extensive knowledge of machining and metalworking principles. Must have in-depth understanding of advanced metrology and GD&T.
- Must demonstrate ability to understand supplier capability and specialties in the manufacture components and tooling to required specifications.
- Must possess a strong knowledge of machining, metalworking principles, and project management.
- Ability to organize and lead complex projects.
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general, technical procedures. Ability to write reports and procedures. Ability to effectively present information to top management.
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
- Must be able to travel and attend off-plant training.
Freedom Group Family of Companies is committed to its policy of equal employment opportunity and fully utilizing all human resources. It is essential to value the diversity of our employees by respecting each and every individual, valuing their uniqueness and treating them fairly.
Remington offers a competitive benefits and compensation package. Don't miss the opportunity to work for the most respected name in outdoor sporting goods.
Click here to apply for this position.