Manager, Lean Improvement - Ilion, NY
Remington Arms is the leading manufacturer and seller of Sporting Firearms, Ammunition and Accessories in the country. We currently have an opening for a Manager of Lean Improvement at our Ilion, New York facility.
The Value Stream Coach/Lean Leader is a challenging and critical role to our organization. The VS Coach will act as the changes for the process improvement and lean manufacturing implementation and practices at our Ilion NY Plant. This role will drive the lean transformation and sustainment per directed expectations.
- Coach and develop line operations leaders from the front line to the VS manager on operating a premier performing lean value stream through leadership culture and behavior changes, and process operating rhythm and method changes.
- Coach and develop the full time OpEx change leaders to grow their OpEx knowledge, and coaching and change management capabilities.
- Coach all key contributors daily during formal gemba walks on developing a highly effective Daily Management process, focused on management through mission control, flow through making takt, ensuring compliance to standard work, and identifying and eliminating abnormalities affecting takt attainment through a problem solving rigor.
- Work with the entire value stream organization (salary and hourly) to transform to a culture of significant focus on value for the customer, and rigorous continuous improvement and problem solving … drive the customer value proposition.
- Work with the value stream organization to develop value stream maps that establish future state targets on elimination of non-value adding waste and reduction of cycle times.
- Works with the value stream leadership team to develop strategies and plans within the transformation plan that attack the appropriate levers to maximize margin expansion, with a primary focus on growth and leverage.
- Works with the value stream production leadership team to define and educate the workforce on a lean transformation plan of RIE’s, A3’s and JDI’s which will lead to achievement of future state targets and ensure the VSA A3 box 8 equals box 3 by the expiration target of the A3, while also providing provide key deliverables in the areas of first time quality, cycle time reduction, cost reduction, waste elimination, increased capacity and improved efficiency.
- Works with the site training department to develop and deliver programs to teach the workforce on lean manufacturing tools and concepts such as problem solving, A3/A4 management, leader as coach, KanBan, Kaizen, Value Stream mapping, visual factory, pull and error proofing, 5S and cellular manufacturing.
- Works with production team to prioritize the CI activities identified and approved.
- OpEx Change Leader team to ensure rigor around the pre-work, post work and conducting of the rapid improvement event weeks.
- Provides cost estimates and capital expenditure justification as necessary
- Responsible for implementing lean processes through out the plant.
- Be able to demonstrate and implement visual management.
- Be able to establish cellularized manaufacturing with takt and cycle times.
Skills and Education
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Bachelors and a minimum of 10 years experience of manufacturing engineering experience.
- Have minimum of 5 years leading a Lean Transformation
- Extensive knowledge of machining and metalworking principles.
- Must have in-depth understanding of advanced metrology and GD&T.
- Experience in technical management, and proven performance in process and project assignments.
- Ability to organize and lead complex projects.
- Must possess a strong knowledge of machining, metalworking principles, and project management.
Freedom Group Family of Companies is committed to its policy of equal employment opportunity and fully utilizing all human resources. It is essential to value the diversity of our employees by respecting each and every individual, valuing their uniqueness and treating them fairly.
Remington offers a competitive benefits and compensation package. Don't miss the opportunity to work for the most respected name in outdoor sporting goods.
Click here to apply for this position.