Planner, Arms Service - Ilion, NY
Remington Arms Company is one of the world's most respected names in sporting goods for hunting and shooting, military and law enforcement. We currently have an opening for an Planner, Arms Services at our manufacturing facility in Ilion, NY.
The related duties, responsibilities and qualifications are the same as those of the Arms Service Planner – Expediter and include all others listed herein.
This position is responsible for developing and executing material planning and inventory planning and control activities that support servicing customer parts orders, repair parts requirements and inventory objectives for the Arms Service business. Duties include but are not limited to analyzing all requirements, creating transport orders, setting safety stock levels, setting initial part pricing, determining appropriate inventory levels, developing inventory control procedures and controls and working with production planning in a way that facilitates the team meeting customer service requirements and objectives.
- Act as the liaison between Arms Service and Manufacturing teams in understanding and communicating customer requirements and the service objective of meeting these requirements.
- Daily review sales activity, current open order position, on hand inventory and the current supply plan.
- Analyze and adjust transport orders as required and communicate to all team members as appropriate.
- Communicate priorities to all appropriate production area managers, supervisors and Planner Analysts and seek input and feedback when creating orders.
- Run and analyze the SAP planning and inventory reports.
- Release transport orders, using judgment to adjust timing and order size to level workloads and optimize WIP to insure smooth workflow.
- Participate in the “what if” process to review proposed production changes, share the information with all team members so that the group can effectively meet customer requirements and service objectives.
- Expeditiously communicate unforeseen changes in Arms Services requirements and create appropriate recovery plans.
- Facilitate departmental physical inventory counts and adjustments as necessary.
- Identify inventory processing and operational errors and facilitate the transactions to correct.
- Work to determine root cause and develop corrective action plans.
- Coordinate the annual Arms Services physical inventory and participate in the quarterly serial number inventories.
- Review internal delivery promises and prepare anticipated delay/expedite reports.
- Immediately communicate any issues that prohibit the team from meeting customer requirements and service objectives.
- Work with Quality, Engineering and Production members to address any and all quality related issues affecting parts inventories.
- Work with the team to communicate quality and delivery issues to internal team members.
- Work with the Production Planning to determine optimum order sizes and inventory levels to support the Arms Services plan and inventory goals and objectives.
- Analyze and set safety stock levels and inventory plans such as SAP locations FSTK and bin locations.
- Determine the most efficient order and inventory control parameters on a part by part basis.
- Set initial part pricing following appropriate guidelines.
- Approve requests for unplanned stock disbursements.
- Be aware of the cyclical nature of the parts and repair business and trends or plans that may impact future requirements.
- Always strive to improve the Operation and suggest changes.
- Continue to study and learn the SAP System in an effort to fully utilize the systemic tools in performing the daily functions of the job.
- Follows all departmental and plant safety rules and regulations.
Skills and Education
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Associate degree with a major in Materials Management, Business or related field required, Bachelor of Science preferred but not mandatory, or equivalent of five years combined education and related work experience; Related Planning, Materials Management and Inventory Control experience working in a similar dynamic manufacturing environment is helpful.
- Able to work both in a team environment and as an individual contributor.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, MSDS sheets, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to write routine reports and correspondence.
- Must have strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to understand manufacturing operations and products in an effort to create smooth flowing production schedules that are free of constraints and overloaded work centers.
- Must understand basic materials management, production planning and inventory control techniques.
- Proficient in the use of personal computer and current common business software such as Microsoft Excel and Word.
- Strong analytical skills and the ability to identify problems, collect data, establish facts, draw valid conclusions and implement corrective actions.
- Service and results oriented with a sense of urgency and a bias for action.
Freedom Group Family of Companies is committed to its policy of equal employment opportunity and fully utilizing all human resources. It is essential to value the diversity of our employees by respecting each and every individual, valuing their uniqueness and treating them fairly.
Remington offers a competitive benefits and compensation package. Don't miss the opportunity to work for the most respected name in outdoor sporting goods.
Click here to apply for this position.