Technical Consumer Services Representative
Remington Arms is the leading manufacturer and seller of Sporting Firearms, Ammunition and Accessories in the country. We currently have an opening for a Technical Consumer Services Representative. The Technical Consumer Services Representative provides detailed technical information to consumers about the repair and/or servicing of their firearms (80% telephone/20% written correspondence).
- Manages customer accounts, payments and parts orders and back-orders.
- Receives and responds to mail, faxes, email and inbound calls from the toll free line, regarding technical and product questions.
- Consults with consumers and/or dealers regarding the repair of products offered.
- Supports company promotional efforts by answering questions and interfacing with promotions vendors.
- Processes literature requests within 48 hours and processes bulk mail when applicable.
Skills and Education
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Four year degree in Business, Marketing or related field is desired, but not required.
- In addition to the ability to perform standard Consumer Service responsibilities, the Technical Consumer Service Representative must meet the following criteria:
- Minimum three years prior experience in the firearms field: retail counter sales, gunsmithing or other comparable field experience (such as military and/or law enforcement). Experience working in a customer/consumer service or parts/repair fulfillment environment is considered a plus. Comparable experience in the following areas will also be considered: Trainer Firearms/Ammunition, Credits, Parts Price list, LE/Government orders, EDI orders and large volume dealer account management
- Demonstrated strong team and leadership characteristics.
- Ability to teach and/or coach others while promoting a positive work environment.
- Hunting or shooting background which lends to a strong understanding of the shooting sports.
- Thorough understanding of industry language and terms and the ability to apply these principles to actual events.
- Thorough understanding of product applications (i.e. what type of firearm and/or ammo is suitable for customers shooting objective) taking into consideration a multitude of factors (size of shooter, environment, region, size of game, applicable laws and desired results).
- Knowledge base that would support representing the company at industry trade shows as a product technical resource.
- Ability to explain firearm cycle of operation for a majority of Remington products as well as primary competitor’s firearm models and be able to expand on product differences.
- Ability to identify a majority of firearm parts for all major models offered and to provide an explanation of their designed purpose in the functioning of the firearm.
- Possession of a solid working knowledge in a majority of the following areas: Shotgun, Rimfire Rifle, Centerfire Rifle, Muzzleloader(s), Accessories and Ammunition.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, Windows 2000/XP and Internet Explorer are required. SAP experience preferred.
- Ability to communicate effectively (must use proper English both orally and in written communication).
- Ability to adjust to multiple tasks, shifting priorities and change.
- Ability to use sound judgment and analytical skills to determine win-win solutions.
Freedom Group Family of Companies is committed to its policy of equal employment opportunity and fully utilizing all human resources. It is essential to value the diversity of our employees by respecting each and every individual, valuing their uniqueness and treating them fairly.
Remington offers a competitive benefits and compensation package. Don't miss the opportunity to work for the most respected name in outdoor sporting goods.
Click here to apply for this position.