Social Media Specialist - Madison, NC
Remington Arms is the leading manufacturer and seller of Sporting Firearms, Ammunition and Accessories in the country. We currently have an opening for a Social Media Specialist in our Madison, NC location.
Acts as advocate for the Remington brand by developing a presence on social media channels (Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, Google+, forums, blogs, etc.). Promotes events and products through daily posting; monitors conversations and trends; communicate issues and opportunities.
- Sets up social media accounts and maintains daily activity; identifies opportunities to develop a social media presence and related strategies.
- Watches, monitors and stays active in understanding what consumers are stating about Remington; influences consumer behavior across social media channels, gathering and analyzing client-initiated conversations and advising appropriate marketing, sales and contact center teams as needed.
- Communicates issues, opportunities and insights to Remington management and staff.
- Identifies and engages advocates.
- Develops content for posting on all designated social media outlets, monitors online competitor presences/perceptions, researches new blogs and channels for relevance/trend identification, reports “chatter” and other relevant online data, promotes events and products to consumers, and maintains posting schedules.
- Works with third-party representatives from social media companies.
- Attends events and training opportunities to stay on top of new developments in social media.
- Acts as liaison from Remington across the internet; participating in minute-by-minute online conversations by answering questions, offering solutions and mediating conversations; creates content for feeds and sparks discussion on various social networking sites.
- Other duties may include search engine optimization/search engine marketing (SEO/SEM) integration, monitoring and analysis of social media trends and their impact on the Remington brand.
Skills and Education
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Bachelor's degree from four-year college or university and at least two years experience in creating and managing social media content; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations.
- Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
- Ability to work with mathematical concepts such as probability and statistical inference, and fundamentals of plane and solid geometry and trigonometry.
- Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations.
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
- Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
- To perform this job successfully, an individual should be proficient in use of Social Media.
- Individual must also be proficient in Microsoft Office Suite including Word, Excel, PowerPoint.
- Must possess a strong work ethic and enjoy working in an extremely fast paced environment.
- Ability to communicate effectively at all levels of the business (i.e., sales, operations, administration and marketing).
- Ability to manage tasks unsupervised.
Freedom Group Family of Companies is committed to its policy of equal employment opportunity and fully utilizing all human resources. It is essential to value the diversity of our employees by respecting each and every individual, valuing their uniqueness and treating them fairly.
Remington offers a competitive benefits and compensation package. Don't miss the opportunity to work for the most respected name in outdoor sporting goods.
Click here to apply for this position.