SAP BOBJ Enterprise Reporting Architect - Madison, NC
Remington Arms is the leading manufacturer and seller of Sporting Firearms, Ammunition and Accessories in the country. We currently have an opening for an SAP BOBJ Enterprise Reporting Architect in our Madison, NC location.
Responsible for designing and implementing advanced reporting tools and analytics that utilize SAP Business Warehouse (SAP BW), SAP Business Objects (BOBJ), and SAP Business Planning and Consolidation (BPC). Analyzes business requirements from multiple areas and deliver business intelligence solutions that are well integrated into the SAP ECC 6.0 ERP system, which provide advance drill through capabilities from executive level dashboard to operational user report. Has a good business sense and thorough and diverse knowledge of data base, integration, report design, and delivery of solutions in complex environments. Requires a bachelor's degree in area of specialty and 5 years of experience in the field or in a related area. Relies on extensive experience and judgment to be a thought leader who accomplishes goals. Performs a variety of tasks. Leads and directs the work of others. A wide degree of creativity and latitude is expected.
- Deploying BOBJ Centric BI solutions build in a predominately SAP BW environment, though some non-BW data sources may be required.
- Drive Current and future state architectural BOBJ roadmap that ensures that all initiatives are aligned with goals of the business and projects are completed with the highest level of quality
- Responsible for working closely with the SAP Basis and Infrastructure resources to ensure that BOBJ software installs and upgrades are properly maintained
- Responsible for business requirements, technical design, building of universes/reports, and delivering solution and ensuring adoption
- Strong understanding of the BOBJ (or other advanced) reporting tools:
- Dashboard (Excelus)
- Web Intelligence (WEBI)
- Crystal Reports
- Define all standards, processes, procedures and tools required to support, maintain, manage and enhance the Super User reporting environment across the FGI landscape
- Collaborate with the SAP BW team, database administrators, business analysts and application developers in developing a high availability operational reporting environment
- Communicates clearly both verbally and in writing
- Leads and directs the work of others
- Will lead and direct the work of other IT and business resources
- Must have project management skills
Skills and Education
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Bachelor's degree in a computer-related field (such as Computer Science or MIS)
- Minimum of 5+ years of experience in advance data warehouse and reporting environments in complex enterprise reporting solution rollouts
- Minimum of 3+ years of lead experience implementing and delivering BI systems on an SAP ERP Solution, ideally version 6.0
- Minimum of 3+ years as a team lead or manager of a software development group
- Ideally 3+ years experience in supporting BOBJ in an SAP BW environment
- Ideally 2+ years of experience of BPC and/or OutlookSoft a plus
- Strong understanding of the software development life cycle (SDLC) or ASAP methodology
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of Senior Leadership, managers, clients, customers and the general public
- Writes manuals for users to describe installation and operating procedures
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions
- Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables
- A wide degree of creativity and latitude is expected
- Relies on experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals
- Able to perform a variety of complicated tasks
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office Systems, Microsoft SharePoint Services and Windows 7
- Exceptional leadership and presentation skills needed
- Good communication skills and ability to interact effectively with senior development managers, architects and business analysts
- Ability to write complex documents that are concise and understood by multiple levels of the organization
- Is a thought leader, and well respected by multiple levels of the organization
- Ability to solve and articulate solutions to highly complex problems and to work effectively in highly ambiguous and stressful situations
Freedom Group Family of Companies is committed to its policy of equal employment opportunity and fully utilizing all human resources. It is essential to value the diversity of our employees by respecting each and every individual, valuing their uniqueness and treating them fairly.
Remington offers a competitive benefits and compensation package. Don't miss the opportunity to work for the most respected name in outdoor sporting goods.
Click here to apply for this position.