Product Manager - Ammunition - Madison, NC
Remington Arms is the leading manufacturer and seller of Sporting Firearms, Ammunition and Accessories in the country. We currently have an opening for a Product Manager, Ammunition in our Madison, NC location.
This position has responsibility for managing the business unit's product line to insure that customer and market needs are met through recognition and development of new products, while continuously rationalizing and upgrading the existing line consistent with evolving trade and consumer trends by performing the following duties.
- Identify, design, and articulate current and prospective product marketing strategies.
- Coordinate all new product activity from concept through final introduction.
- Manage the new product packaging design process including upgrades to existing products.
- Act as primary conduit between Manufacturing, R&D, and Marketing on all product related issues and activity.
- Act as the primary conduit between Sales and Manufacturing/R&D on all product issues and needs.
- Provide leadership to Ammunition Product Team to insure product quality and integrity of the overall brand.
- Create written and oral product presentations for Field Sales, Outdoor Writers, and internal Remington Operations Departments.
- Design and implement practical application shooting activities and demonstrations for Sales Department and Outdoor Writers.
- Provide technical and creative guidance in the development of all marketing communications materials including Catalogs, Print Ads and Brochures.
- Assist MCD in the development of sales tools and communications strategies for both trade and consumers.
Skills and Education
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Bachelor's degree (B. A.) from four-year college or university; or five to six years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations.
- Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
- Ability to work with mathematical concepts such as probability and statistical inference, and fundamentals of plane and solid geometry and trigonometry.
- Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations.
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
- Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
- To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of Power Point Design software; Spreadsheet software and Microsoft office Word Processing software.
- Must have a strong working knowledge of ammunition and its various end use applications.
- Must demonstrate a thorough and complete understanding of the Remington product offering and key competitive offerings.
- Must have excellent interpersonal skills and be self motivated. Must be team oriented.
Freedom Group Family of Companies is committed to its policy of equal employment opportunity and fully utilizing all human resources. It is essential to value the diversity of our employees by respecting each and every individual, valuing their uniqueness and treating them fairly.
Remington offers a competitive benefits and compensation package. Don't miss the opportunity to work for the most respected name in outdoor sporting goods.
Click here to apply for this position.