Director, New Technology & Business Integration
Remington Arms is the leading manufacturer and seller of Sporting Firearms, Ammunition and Accessories in the country. We currently have an opening for a Director of New Technology & Business Integration. Physical location TBD.
The Director, New Technology and Business Integration is responsible for coordinating all aspects of the relationship between Remington Business units and/or functional groups and Technology Partners for the purpose of implementing new product/business ventures within the overall Remington (ROC) portfolio. The position interfaces routinely with external Technology Partners and Suppliers as well as internal Product Management, Research and Development, Sales Management, Customer and Consumer Service, Planning, Manufacturing and Marketing Communications assets to assure that key objectives and timelines are well understood and executed according to plan. The position also interacts with Channel Marketing and Sales to establish channel strategy and ensure appropriate penetration of customer segments to achieve revenue and profitability objectives.
This position is responsible for managing the interface between Remington and its Technology Partners in order to define strategic intent, identify target markets, develop the overall strategic business plan including product roadmap and key requirements, competitive positioning, sales revenue projections, and consumer messaging via specific marketing communication initiatives.
- Develop and Maintain Strategic Plan and Product Road Maps.
- Develop and Implement New Business as well as New Product Launch Plans.
- Prepare Operational Review Documents for Review with Senior and Executive Management.
- Develop and Maintain Departmental Budget.
- Maintain and implement competitive strategies.
- Provide direction for effective product positioning via Marketing Communications efforts.
- Oversee technical and marketing content of consumer/trade communications (advertising and catalogs.)
- Monitor the quality and integrity of product portfolio jointly with Technology Partners to ensure conformance with expectations.
- Ensure proper representation and communication consistency at all Remington and Trade events.
- Communicate objectives to Field Sales and provide training on product features and benefits.
- Develop and implement pricing strategies to maximize profitability for the line.
- Development of pricing strategies and communication via creation of master pricing documents.
- Develop and Administer Sales Programs.
- Provides oversight and review of technical content within communications (i.e. Press Releases).
Skills and Education
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Master's degree or equivalent; four to ten years product marketing experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Must be able to operate effectively in a cross functional environment both within and outside of Remington while maintaining an intense level of focus to ensure adequate support and visibility for embryonic business initiatives.
- Requires strong organizational and planning skills, a comprehensive understanding of Remington’s current technology portfolio and business segments and the ability to rapidly comprehend new technologies that are being pursued for implementation.
- Must be able to evaluate business opportunities from a strategic standpoint, be able to understand and leverage synergies within the company and industry and be able to create and execute against strategic planning documents in order to achieve desired business results.
- Must be able to understand financial reporting and prepare and explain financial analysis to measure project performance.
- Must be able to prepare and deliver presentation materials to senior level management.
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret common scientific and technical journals, financial reports, and legal documents.
- Ability to respond to common inquiries or complaints from customers, regulatory agencies, or members of the business community.
- Ability to write speeches and articles for publication that conform to prescribed style and format.
- Ability to effectively present information to top management, public groups, and/or boards of directors.
- Ability to work with mathematical concepts such as probability and statistical inference, and fundamentals of plane and solid geometry and trigonometry.
- Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations.
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
- Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
- To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of PowerPoint Design software; SAP Inventory software; Excel Spreadsheet software and Microsoft Office Word Processing software.
- Public Speaking skills.
- Ability to delegate tasks.
- Requires 30%-40% domestic travel and some international travel may be required.
Freedom Group Family of Companies is committed to its policy of equal employment opportunity and fully utilizing all human resources. It is essential to value the diversity of our employees by respecting each and every individual, valuing their uniqueness and treating them fairly.
Remington offers a competitive benefits and compensation package. Don't miss the opportunity to work for the most respected name in outdoor sporting goods.
Click here to apply for this position.