Director, Catalog Operations - Charlotte, NC
Remington Arms is the leading manufacturer and seller of Sporting Firearms, Ammunition and Accessories in the country. We currently have an opening for a Director of Catalog Operations in our Charlotte, NC facility.
Responsibility for daily oversight of the growth and development of the catalog marketing channels for FGI and its portfolio companies. Specifically to manage the ongoing operations and growth of the mountain khakis catalog with their existing team, the developing 1816 catalog business and potential catalog channel categories FGI may consider. Develop, drive, track and monitor the catalog channel results and manage the tactical requirements of the channel.
- Manage development calendar for catalog including key deadlines for product, marketing and fulfillment.
- Analyze, report on and make adjustments based on product performance during catalog lifecycle.
- Work with the marketing leads, product and fulfillment heads for brands pursuing a catalog strategy to ensure delivery on key milestones in the development and delivery process.
- Analyze and assess the competition and the industry environment and make recommendations and changes based on that knowledge.
- Negotiate with printers, designers, analysts and list brokers to get the best quality and cost/price for our brands.
- Prepare and report on results by page, by product, by brand.
- Manage to a financial budget for the production of and execution of various catalog strategies. Prepare budgets and report on performance to superiors.
- Work with art directors, graphic designers and creative’s to build catalog layouts, photo shoots and content that will maximize performance in the channel.
- Develop business processes to meet the needs of a growing catalog business, including customer service processes, fulfillment, packaging, inserts/gwp’s/incentive/box-stuffer, reporting and product development. Participate in the inventory planning process to ensure placed purchase orders have accounted for the catalog direct channel business anticipated for each style.
- Develop content with the creative and legal teams suitable to the brand being represented.
- No day one direct supervisory responsibilities.
- Must be prepared to work with third party vendors and suppliers to get best results from them.
- Mastery of Microsoft Excel and Office products.
Skills and Education
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Undergraduate degree; AND ten years catalog management experience; AND five years experience working with apparel catalogers.
- Ability to read, analyze and interpret common scientific and technical journals, financial reports, and legal documents.
- Ability to respond to common inquiries or complaints from customers, regulatory agencies, or members of the business community.
- Ability to write speeches and articles for publication that conform to prescribed style and format.
- Ability to effectively present information to top management, public groups, and/or boards of directors.
- Ability to work with mathematical concepts such as probability and statistical inference, and fundamentals of plane and solid geometry and trigonometry.
- Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations.
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
- Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
- To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of PowerPoint Design software; SAP Inventory software; Excel Spreadsheet software and Microsoft Office Word Processing software.
- Public Speaking skills.
- Ability to delegate tasks.
Freedom Group Family of Companies is committed to its policy of equal employment opportunity and fully utilizing all human resources. It is essential to value the diversity of our employees by respecting each and every individual, valuing their uniqueness and treating them fairly.
Remington offers a competitive benefits and compensation package. Don't miss the opportunity to work for the most respected name in outdoor sporting goods.
Click here to apply for this position.