Senior Buyer - Ilion, NY
Remington Arms is the leading manufacturer and seller of Sporting Firearms, Ammunition and Accessories in the country. We currently have an opening for a Senior Buyer in our Ilion, NY location.
Manage the material procurement processes with both domestic and foreign sources for metals, stampings, castings, and purchased fabricated subassembly requirements of $28M annually.
• Develop and implement supply management strategies to provide uninterrupted flow of high quality materials at the lowest total cost while optimizing service and inventory levels.
• Collaborate with team experts to develop scope of work, overall business requirements/ standards, and draft effective RFP documents.
• Perform competitive bids, market analysis, detailed cost/bid comparison analysis and supplier evaluations, utilizing metrics.
• Support new product development process by working closely with engineering, quality, and manufacturing to develop prototypes and BOM’s.
• Analyze, maintain and execute materials requirement plant MRP.
• Manage materials requirement changes resulting in Design Change Requests (DCR).
• Develop and negotiate strategic long-term agreements offering year-over-year cost reduction, inventory management programs, and yearly productivity improvement.
• Develop and implement strategic cost reduction roadmap.
• Follows all plant safety rules and regulations.
Skills and Education
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• B.A. or B.S. in related field and 5-7 years experience in purchasing raw materials and fabricated parts. CPM or CPIM and Lean manufacturing experience desired but not mandatory. Sourcing experience a plus. Certification in purchasing or materials desired.
• Experience in SAP Systems.
• Strong negotiating skills.
• Exceptional communication skills, strong project management/team leadership skills.
• Excellent computer skills in Excel, Word and MS Project.
Freedom Group Family of Companies is committed to its policy of equal employment opportunity and fully utilizing all human resources. It is essential to value the diversity of our employees by respecting each and every individual, valuing their uniqueness and treating them fairly.
Remington offers a competitive benefits and compensation package. Don't miss the opportunity to work for the most respected name in outdoor sporting goods.
Click here to apply for this position.