Sr. Developer SAP Business Warehouse - Madison, NC
Remington Arms is the leading manufacturer and seller of Sporting Firearms, Ammunition and Accessories in the country. We currently have an opening for a Sr. Developer, SAP Business Warehouse in our Madison, NC location.
Provide Data Base Management and Administration to the Business Warehouse environment. Lead ETL processes thru design and development the business modeling on the dimensions, attributes, hierarchies and measures around which the information management is built. Lead technical resource, who works closely with IT and key business thought leaders to ensure delivery of actionable information and informational integrity across all systems throughout Freedom Group (FGI). Candidate will have demonstrated experience implementing BI solutions and be highly proficient in enterprise reporting and application integration techniques and technologies.
- Owning the BI modeling and getting user sign-off, Deploying SAP Business Objects centric BI solutions into operations that support all brands within the FGI enterprise
- Define and drive a current and future state architectural roadmap that ensures that all initiatives are aligned with the goals of the business and projects are completed with the highest level of quality
- Manage the change requests and do the impact analysis on the Data Warehouse and OLAP, working with stakeholders to do the upstream and downstream analysis
- Gather and articulate business and information requirements from business analysts across the various functional and business areas
- Analyze and assess the impact of production system changes and new business requirements to the existing data architecture
- Will ensure that systems are developed that use reliable fact data and consistent dimensions
- Define all standards, processes, procedures and tools required to support, maintain, manage and enhance the data flow across the various systems, data federation, metadata layers, MOLAP and ROLAP
- Collaborate with ETL designer, messaging, database administrators, business analysts and application developers in developing a high availability operational data store and data warehouse environment.
- Reports to the SAP BW MGR / ARCHITECT
- Will work in a team environment
- Must have strong project communications
Skills and Education
Bachelor's degree (B. A.) from four-year college or university and at least six years related experience to include:
- Minimum of 5 years of lead experience implementing and delivering BI or decision support system (DSS) used for competitive intelligence, reporting, online analytical processing, analytics, data mining, business performance management, benchmarking, text mining and predictive analytics.
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in advanced ETL design and technologies, ideally Pervasive
- Minimum of 3 years of experience in the Consumer Packaged Goods and/or Manufacturing industry.
- Minimum of 3 years experience in SAP ERP Solution, ideally version 6.0.
- Minimum of 3 years experience in SAP BW Solution, ideally version 7.x
- Minimum of 3 years of advanced experience in SAP Business Objects technologies.
- Candidate should have exceptional technical and communication skills to gain buy-in from key stake-holders, while evaluating with and articulating technical solutions to the IT team.
- Good understanding of the software development life cycle (SDLC)
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of Executives, Senior Leadership, managers, clients, customers, and the general public. Writes manuals for users to describe installation and operating procedures.
- Extremely analytical and very competent in data and reporting skills.
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
- Computer Skills
To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of Microsoft SQL Server; ASP. NET, Microsoft Visual Studio, and Microsoft .NET Framework.
- Strong knowledge of standards and specifications: XML, Java and .NET based messaging services, Web Services, etc.
- Strong knowledge in data warehousing, data dictionaries, enterprise application integration, relational databases, ETL, SQL, metadata, data flow diagramming, data modeling, and multidimensional analysis.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office Systems, Microsoft SharePoint Services and Windows XP.
- Exceptional leadership and presentation skills needed.
- Good communication skills and ability to interact effectively with senior development managers, architects and business analysts.
The ability to write complex documents that are concise and understood by multiple levels of the organization.
- Is a thought leader, and well respected by multiple levels of the organization.
- Ability to solve and articulate solutions to highly complex problems and to work effectively in highly ambiguous and stressful situations.
- Ability to handle politically charged or otherwise nebulas situations while influencing the outcome towards effective and collaborative solutions.
Freedom Group Family of Companies is committed to its policy of equal employment opportunity and fully utilizing all human resources. It is essential to value the diversity of our employees by respecting each and every individual, valuing their uniqueness and treating them fairly.
Remington offers a competitive benefits and compensation package. Don't miss the opportunity to work for the most respected name in outdoor sporting goods.
Click here to apply for this position.