Manager, Operations Finance FP&A
Remington Arms is the leading manufacturer and seller of Sporting Firearms, Ammunition and Accessories in the country. We currently have an opening for a Operations Finance FP&A Manager at our Madison, NC location.
The Manager of Operations Finance FP&A is responsible for coordinating and managing all aspects of the company-wide Manufacturing, Sourcing, and DTW financial planning, analysis and management reporting cycle for monthly close, monthly forecast, annual budget process, BOD and AOP presentations, and the internal analysis of the company's financial performance.
- Develop financial models and evaluate business proposals, working closely with senior executive staff and department management across the organization.
- Lead overall annual budgeting, monthly forecasting, and monthly closing processes related to Manufacturing, Sourcing, and DTW activities.
- Act as the primary contact between Corporate Planning and the Operations Team / Factory Controllers relative to financial planning, monthly reporting, forecasting, BOD preparation, and other financial/operational data requests.
- Develop and prepare weekly/monthly consolidated Operations reporting packages.
- Proactively identify and implement KPI’s and develop management reporting to identify emerging trends within the Manufacturing, Sourcing, and DTW operations.
- Drive operational and financial performance through analysis of financial results and key performance indicators including safety, quality, delivery, cost, moral/people (SQDCM).
- Understand the dynamics driving profitability and report on applicable trends including cost productivity, inflation/deflation, working capital efficiency, and product profitability.
- Develop and standardize critical processes across all FGI companies as related to inventory performance, capital expenditures, sourcing activities and manufacturing metrics reporting.
- Provide financial insight through thought process, modeling, and other tools to aid in reaching the appropriate financial decisions for the business.
- Establish and maintain a centralized summary/repository of Manufacturing and Sourcing cost savings initiatives and track their implementation status.
- Assists in ad hoc projects for the VP Operations Finance & CMO where support is needed.
- Support factory physical inventories and lean manufacturing events.
- Partner with accounting staff to ensure accuracy and integrity of company financial processes and statements.
Skills and Education
- Bachelor's degree (B. A.) from four-year college or university, 6 to 8 years planning and analysis or related experience, or equivalent combination of education and experience, with emphasis in Accounting and Finance
- MBA or CPA preferred.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret common scientific and technical journals, financial reports, and legal documents.
- Strong financial modeling skills, especially income statement and cash flow information.
- Experience with reporting financial statements in accordance with Generally Accepted Accounting Principles.
- Experience in leading and managing the budgeting process.
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
- Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
- Outstanding PC skills in Microsoft environment, including spreadsheet, database, word processing and presentation capabilities.
- Ability to work independently and handle multiple tasks in a dynamic environment, proven problem solving, leadership and interpersonal skills and be a proven team player, who is highly organized and achievement oriented.
- Self Starter able to handle multiple demands and competing priorities, detail oriented with exceptional analytical skills.
- Ability to effectively present findings to senior management in a clear and concise manner.
- Creative thinker with the capability to think out of the box.
- Strong work ethic with a can do attitude.
- Must have the necessary experience, critical judgment skills and demonstrated effectiveness in delivering timely results, sometimes in the absence of complete data.
- Experience working in a manufacturing company
- Financial planning, analysis and reporting experience as well as supervisory experience.
- Understanding of inventory flows and profitability analysis.
- Ability to work closely with the manufacturing controllers and staff while driving a results oriented culture and an atmosphere of accountability.
Freedom Group Family of Companies is committed to its policy of equal employment opportunity and fully utilizing all human resources. It is essential to value the diversity of our employees by respecting each and every individual, valuing their uniqueness and treating them fairly.
Remington offers a competitive benefits and compensation package. Don't miss the opportunity to work for the most respected name in outdoor sporting goods.
Click here to apply for this position.